[arch-general] Does anyone find Compiz Fuscion eat up all Alt keys?

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:42:33 EST 2008

Compiz-Fusion has lots of keybindings; it is supposed to intercept all the
keys that it is supposed to listen to.

Are you sure that compiz is intercepting _all_ keys with alt?

A basic test to see this would be to open a terminal, run cat, then type
away, holding alt (under compiz of course).

You should then see nothing. If the keys are not intercepted, they look
like ^[e for M-e..