[arch-general] Problems with keyboardinput

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Fri Mar 7 10:51:00 EST 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008 04:58:49 am Johannes Held wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a second Arch running in a virtual machine.
> Recently I noticed that I can't write some characters like
> @, {, ~ .. and the like. It seem's that AltGr is somewhat broken.
>
> I know that I had this problem with my normal PC. But the solution is
> 30kilometers away and buried somewhere unter ~/tmp.. (hopefully)
>
> As far as I know - it was something simple with kbdfont or something
> like that...

I too have keyboard problems, and commented about it here:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9725

The original complaint has to do with VMware, but other users also complain
about random keys not working. I have VMware installed, but do not run it on
this workstation (the kernel module isn't compiled and neither the network
nor the daemons are running).

My symptoms are: repeating characters (holding down a letter, or the scroll
arrows) don't work, ALT-Fx keys don't work, CTRL-click in seamonkey doesn't
work, etc. Rebooting solves the problem for a week or so, then things break
again. I even swapped out my old keyboard for a new one, but that didn't
solve the problem.

--
Joey Kelly
http://joeykelly.net