[arch-general] Apple keyboard broken in [testing]

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:03:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:39 PM, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I found out how to make F1-F4 work again: it seems the Fn button is
>  needed to generate the correct code with those keys, but also with
>  F7-F12.

This can be fixed quite easily if you know how:
  echo 2 > /sys/module/hid/parameters/pb_fnmode

Only the two swapped keys remain. Setkeycodes didn't work, I think
it's because the keycodes I'm trying to use are already registered to
something else, so I just created a custom keymap which swapped the
two keycodes, 41 and 86, and now everything works fine. Wandering
through the gentoo forums I found out that aluminium keyboards aren't
properly detected until 2.6.25rc2, the strange thing is I had the
keyboard working before... I'll see when 2.6.25 is released.

Corrado