[arch-general] Grub and GPT partition labels

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Mon Mar 17 16:18:48 EDT 2008

Hello,

are there any plans to prepare our grub with support for GPT partition
labels? The grub version from current install ISO could not be installed
on such a prepared harddisk:
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xee

Good old lilo on the other side works like a charm ;-)

There must be patches for grub to provide this (???)

My question result from a discussion where someone would like to install
on an >7TB Array and says: it doesn't work, but on Debian, SuSe.
And he doesn't provide further infos... ;-)

But i've done some tests in an VM and don't see problems in kernel or
tools. Only the grub problem.

The discussion is only in german:
https://forum.archlinux.de/?page=Postings;id=20;thread=8205

Regards