[arch-general] Grub and GPT partition labels

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Mar 18 15:22:36 EDT 2008

On Dienstag, 18. März 2008 19:08 Tobias Powalowski wrote:

> the second bug report is invalid!

Oh, i overseen the status, you be right.

> have you read the whole bugreport?

I take only a little look about and read how much i can. But please don't
misunderstod my mind as critique.

I am still again not a fan of a patch for a package which controls the booting
of my linux which is not from the mainstream but after taking a look at the
abs tree i recognized that grub has a lot of patches and so it seems that
this is normal.

But have we realy the manpower in arch linux to test all possible
configurations from every user? Do we speak about Intel Mac Users or i686
with more than 2TB? I still don't have a very good feeling but i have
confidence that you will get it stable and as i said above it seems that
patching grub is normaly.-)

See you, Attila