[arch-general] firefox & gcc 4.3

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:55:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:51:58AM -0700, JaDa wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:39:55 -0700, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, i have been trying to build firefox3b4 or firefox 2.0.0.12 for the
>> past day without success. I guess it has something to do with the latest
>> gcc upgrade to 4.3.
>> Has anyone managed to build it, from AUR or not, within the last couple
>> of days?
>>
>> ps. i am using the testing repo
>>
>> Greg
>>
> what you try to build?
> we have FF3b4 allready
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/14812/
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/network/firefox3/?cvsroot=Unstable&only_with_tag=CURRENT

Thats not what i asked.I know about those. I am trying to build my own firefox
for various reasons. My PKGBUILD worked some days ago, but not now.
By the way ff3 in testing wasnt built with gcc 4.3 either.
Also google or the mozilla bugzilla dont help much as i havent seen any reports
of failed attempts to build firefox.

Greg