[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] licenses: GPL permutations

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 11:42:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 04:32:54PM +0100, Raeven Bathory wrote:
>    [1]http://gplv3.fsf.org/wiki/index.php/Compatible_licenses#GPLv3-incompatible_licenses
>
>    On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Loui <[2]louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:58:20 +0300
>      "Roman Kyrylych" <[3]roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      > 2008/3/30, Loui <[4]louipc.ist at gmail.com>:
>      > > I don't like all these "this version or later" boondongles.
>      > >  Why don't we just keep things KISS and let people explicitly state
>      what
>      > >  licenses are permissable. GPL1, GPL2, GPL3. Put one, or more of
>      those
>      > >  in your licenses array and it's crystal clear what you mean.
>      >
>      > GPL2 "or, at your opinion, any later version" is not the same as GPL2
>      > only + GPL3 or later. ;)
>      >

>      Can you explain why they are not the same? I don't quite
>      understand why that doesn't work. Thanks.
>
>    [5]http://gplv3.fsf.org/wiki/index.php/Compatible_licenses#GPLv3-incompatible_licenses

Excuse me but why is this being discussed again? The was an extensive
discussion on arch-dev-public in the past. Decisions were made.
If you have anything against how GPL licenses are treated in the
PKGBUILD license array please read the discussion and comment on it.
Dont start a new discussion from scratch.

Greg