[arch-general] pacman changes libcrypt.so.1 symlink

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu May 8 05:41:59 EDT 2008

Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> Thanks, so now I've to find some solutions to this. In the worst case
> I can make ldconfig wrapper.

man ldconfig :
        -l     Library mode.  Manually link individual libraries.
Intended for use by experts only.

I don't know what does that do and how to use it but it might be worth
taking a look.

But isn't the proper way to just remove libcrypt in the first place, to
only have libxcrypt on the system (and then set up compatible symlinks)?
Here are some instructions I found for lfs :
http://www.mail-archive.com/hints@linuxfromscratch.org/msg00188.html
You should be able to create your own glibc and libxcrypt packages based
on that.