[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] policy on desktop files?

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:58:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i wanted to note that there is
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Desktop_Project maintained by bardo
> a TU, which mentions absolutely nothing about upstream.
> Instead it says "I (bardo) will write/modify the necessary files and
> notify the corresponding maintainers so they can be added to the
> packages." Additionally there are links to the bug tracker.
> I have no idea if bardo submitts them upstream as well but i doubt it.

At the moment I don't. When I announced the project it got a good
reaction, so I carried on with it, but after a while creating and
providing desktop files through the bug tracker I started receiving
the "upstream problem" answer. This has become pretty frequent, so
lately I haven't been doing very much on the Arch side. The few
developers I tried to contact didn't do anything, so I suppose there's
little to no interest from them.

The whole thing has started to become more frustrating than anything,
so at the moment I'm not working on it anymore.

Corrado