[arch-general] top posting

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu May 15 19:16:56 EDT 2008

I understand that top posting is to do something like this:

> Denis Alessandro wrote that:
> bla bla bla bla bla

And that's wrong because the e-mail list have the history so you don't have
to copy part of the text, because the copy is available, the e-mail list
have different net-etiquette rules.

So you have to read first and then you answer WITHOUT copying parts of the
e-mails in the thread, basicly :-)

Cheers

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto <
denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Scott <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > A: Top-posting.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
> >

> > :)
> >
> > (I bet a bunch of other people wanted to do that.)

> >> I'm not sure

> >> what you're talking about.

> >> You must be crazy
> >>

> > --
> > Scott Robbins
> > PGP keyID EB3467D6
> > ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> > gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
> >
> > Angel: You've never done this before. Look, it takes
> > tremendous strength -- mental strength.
> > Wesley: Resistence to suggestion. Yes, I understand that. I like to
> > think of myself as possessing a certain...
> > Angel: Wesley, you don't even have sales resistance. How many thigh
> > masters do you own?
> > Wesley: The second one was a free gift with my Buns of Steel.
> >

> Funny you top posting to bash top posting ;)
>
> --
> Denis A. Altoe Falqueto

Angel Velasquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net