[arch-general] top posting

Scott scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 16 07:05:32 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:15:18AM +0200, Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> On Friday 16 May 2008 10:00:17 gan lu wrote:
> > Yeah, I love gmail.
>
> Mmmm gmail does NOT work the right way, it automatically top-posts, as you
> have done too.

My other complaint about gmail for mailing lists is that it won't give
you your own post in an inbox.  That is, if I post the first thing in a
thread, I won't get back a copy.  Last time I looked, they called this a
feature, and despite several complaints, had no intention of changing
it.  I will get replies to my post.

Interestingly enough, yahoogroups sticks so much stuff on the end of an
email that gmail sometimes doesn't realize it's your original post.

Even mutt top posts by default.  That's fine, the cursor should start at
the beginning of an email, so you can read it from top to bottom.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: You won. Alright?  You came in and you killed them,
and you took their land.  That's what conquering nations do.  It's
what Caeser did, and he's not going around saying I came, I conquered,
I felt really bad about it.