[arch-general] Bugs.

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat May 17 16:44:12 EDT 2008

2008/5/5 Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Loui <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 May 2008 11:48:52 +0300
>>
>>  Right. I plan on going through the bug tracker more often, but it would
>>  be a waste of time if I comment on all the bugs but they never get
>>  closed. So I will focus my efforts on bugs that I'm watching for now.
>>  Of course I can't offer anything for packages or features I don't use.
>>  More users need to get on the band wagon and comment on bugs, email the
>>  maintainers, and offer patches.
>>

> It's not a waste of time. Valuable comments are useful to any users of
> the bug tracker.
> When some devs later decide to go through the list of bugs to close
> what they can, comments are also very helpful.

I can add to that:
I get a notification about *every* event happened
in Flyspray's "Arch Linux" project to my gmailbox,
so comments like "what's the status of this old bug?"
definetely bring my attention. ;-)

Sure, we have some bugs reported long ago but still not closed
due to some reasons.
But usually old bugs are either resolved and closed as fixed
or just closed because no futher comments from authors were made
(e.g. if a bug there's no comments when 2 more major kernel versions
are released then the bug is assumed to be fixed)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)