[arch-general] top posting

Scott scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 19 02:46:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 07:57:03AM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> Jon B wrote:

> ...some people top posting even in the same thread) made it harder to
> read.
>
> That said, we indeed have to pick one.. But since bottom posting is already
> widely used here, it makes more sense to just stick with it. To be honest, I
> also like it much more, but well that's another problem :)

We should probably be a bit picky about our terminology.  What I would
call the generally accepted preferred method on Unix and Unix-like
system mail lists is called in line posting.  That is, answer point A
below point A, point B below point B.

Putting *everything* at the bottom makes it almost as hard to follow as
does top posting, at least for me.  Of course, at my age, short term
memory goes bad, so....

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: For a thousand years I wielded the powers of the
Wish. I brought ruin to the heads of unfaithful men. I brought forth
destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the lower beings. I was
feared and worshipped across the mortal globe. And now I'm stuck at
Sunnydale High. Mortal. Child. And I'm flunking Math.