[arch-general] top posting

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon May 19 13:15:07 EDT 2008

Jon B wrote:
> I'll be the weird one and admit that I find
> top-postings to be easier to read.  But just because I
> like all of you, I'll type way down here. :)
>
> -jb

You're not the only weird one.  To me, the most recent comments are
what's most important, and if I'm interested in the background that led
up to it I can scroll down for it.  And similarly, I find bottom posting
a bit annoying, as I'm often forced to scroll down to read what the most
recent commenter wrote.  (Though, obviously, that's really an outgrowth
of bottom-posters violating the "trimming" rule, rather than a problem
with bottom-posting itself.)

Personally I don't really care that much which way people post, but as
there's a good number of very vocal "bottom posting police" :-) types in
the FOSS community that often raise a ruckus when you top post, I
generally just try to conform and bottom post in the interests of
keeping the peace.  :-)

DR