[arch-general] experience with gprs/umts cards & linux?

Michael Schaefer archlinux.org at micele.de
Tue May 20 08:42:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

On 19.05.2008 01:38, Arvid Ephraim Picciani wrote:
> If anyone tried something like that on linux, please share your experience.
> Maybe i could use a mobile with bluetooth as well.

I use the the Huawei E220 USB Modem which is sold by various vendors
(e.g. t-mobile, o2, ... in Germany) for UMTS/GPRS. It works quiet good
for me.
To get an impression of the setting effort there is a good article at
the gentoo wiki

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_HUAWEI_E220_HSDPA_USB_MODEM

btw: i use wvdial for dial-in as the configuration is a lot less annoying ;)

kr - Michael