[arch-general] Any way to decrypt hashes set by ssh HashKnownHosts?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:12:41 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis at gmx.net> wrote:
> The fact that fears me is that by hashing the known_hosts
> file information is lost, in particular the information that binds the
> IP address to the hostname.

You are more than welcome to change the config settings. In all my
history with arch, we have always pointed fingers at the end user for
not paying attention to their config files, and I seriously have no
idea why this is a big deal now, a year after this change was made.
Sure it could have been more visible, but we have always held that the
config files are _your_ job.