[arch-general] resurrecting srcpac

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:55:22 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:07 AM, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> wrote:
> On 5/22/08, Michael Klier <chi at chimeric.de> wrote:
>> Hi Archers,
>>
>> <big snip>
>>

> oh man. I got excited reading this.
>
> I really like the first change you made. Using a directory with
> package specific sed changes on a per file basis is a kick ass idea.

I agree, this is a smart move. My only real thought is why have
anything in /etc/ at all? It would be great if this could all be done
non-root for editing any config settings and such. Maybe ~/.srcpac/ or
something?

It also seems almost overkill to need another user to build packages,
but not sure what to think about that. Anyway, great work with this.

-Dan