[arch-general] resurrecting srcpac

Michael Klier chi at chimeric.de
Tue May 27 09:11:01 EDT 2008

Loui wrote:
> On Sat, 24 May 2008 10:20:37 -0700
> "Jason Chu" <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Would it be an idea to build as the original users who ran srcpac?  I
> > guess if you use sudo, that won't quite work... you'd need something
> > pointing back to that user...
> >
> > I'm a little confused why ${i-*-*-*} doesn't work in all cases.  What
> > are you trying to fix with the perl code?
>
> Using nobody isn't a bad idea!
> When it comes to using sudo $HOME isn't changed and $USER becomes
> $SUDO_USER within the sudo environment. You can then easily find the
> correct makepkg.conf for user specific build options and such.

So, I am not 100% sure how to proceed from here. First the bits that seemed to
be cleared:

    - using nobody to build packages when srcpac was called as root is a good
      idea

    - the get_pkgname() function should be adjusted to use something along the
      lines of the DB scripts (including support for the "any" arch) to get
      rid of the perl stuff

Not clear, at least not to me:

    - undecided whether to keep the package specific configs in /etc/srcpac.d
      or in /var/srcpac

    - if called with sudo what would be the benefit to drop privileges to the
      user who invoked srcpac instead than nobody. AJAIK makpkg doesn't
      support user specific build options, but the ones set in
      /etc/makepkg.conf (please correct me if I am wrong on this)

I'd be happy to help and add all these changes and provide patches push it to
my public repo or whatever you see fit.

    Michael

--
Michael Klier