[arch-general] Kernel upgrades question, as can't revert to earlier kernel

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Thu May 29 01:51:41 EDT 2008

On Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2008 23:47 Aaron Griffin wrote:

> We don't really support this due to the sheer hassle, but it is easy
> enough to downgrade to an old kernel, as all packages are kept in a
> cache on your machine. If a new kernel borks for you, just pacman -U
> the right files from /var/cache/pacman/pkg

The option to have it in the cache is not very user friendly and not realy a
help if the new kernel don't boot. The hint from Jaroslav about savekernel is
a better solution from my view. Could this package step to community to give
everybody the possibility to install it from a repo?

See you, Attila