[arch-general] Wiki/AUR Mirrors

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Nov 3 13:32:18 EST 2008

You could use Mysql replication (master-slave).  I have some experience
working with replication setups, so I can help you if you want.  In the
event the master goes down you can use your slave as read-only copy or
even do writes on it, but then you'll need to push the changes back to
the original master when it comes back up.  In the latter case, you
could also do master-master replication and not use your master at all
(unless the other one goes down).

Also, keep in mind this will cause some additional traffic for you and
the guy who runs the current database.. (an alternative could be
rsyncing backups.  I don't know if that will be more or less traffic
though.  Depends on the volume of write queries (updates/inserts) I
guess)

Dieter