[arch-general] problem with guidance power manager

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Nov 5 09:07:20 EST 2008

Hello ,

I don't know where to put this but since it has cause a concerning problem, I
am putting up a mailing list post for archives.

Desparately in search for KDE4 laptop suspend, today I landed with guidance-
package-manager. It pulled python-2.6 along with dbus-python, sip and pyqt
(which is ok).

Problem began when every other program including guidance-power-manager itself
and mercurial(my bread-and-butter for development) started crying about
missing libpython2.5.so.1.0.

I had to chuck out dbus-python, sip,pyqt and guidance-power-manager and
"upgrade" to python 2.5 from /var/cache/pacman/pkg to get sanity back.

I think python 2.6 package has problem but am not sure. Any comments?
--
 Shridhar