[arch-general] problem with guidance power manager

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Nov 5 12:18:51 EST 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 22:36:12 Giovanni Scafora wrote:
> 2008/11/5, Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net>:
> >  Problem began when every other program including guidance-power-manager
> > itself and mercurial(my bread-and-butter for development) started crying
> > about missing libpython2.5.so.1.0.
>
> Try to rename or remove /usr/lib/python2.5 directory.
> I've solved so.

I did a pacman -Syu, installed over 650MB of updates, including new OOo and
kde4.1.3, and then I could install guidance-power-manager without problem. But
it didn't do anything. I have uninstalled it.

I am not playing with powerdevil. Compiled and installed, no packages yet. It
needs automoc4 package and /usr//bin in front of path, to find qt4 qmake. Now
I am trying to make it work.

And KDE4.1.3 rocks. It is FAST compared to 4.1.2. I am loving this upgrade.

--
 Shridhar