[arch-general] Support for Sierra Wireless AirCard 881

Amanai amanai at freenet.de
Thu Nov 6 17:46:45 EST 2008

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 14:33:56 -0800, Amanai <amanai at freenet.de> wrote:

> Need some help Support Sierra Wireless AirCard 881?
>
> The Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 provides enhanced mobile broadband
> performance to keep you connected with access to email, the Internet,
> and business applications while on the go. The Sierra Wireless AirCard
> 881 provides the latest technology based upon the global standard for
> wireless - GSM. Best yet, the Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 works
> seamlessly across AT&T's 3G BroadbandConnect and EDGE networks providing
> you the perfect combination of performance and coverage. The AirCard 881
> is simple to set-up and use so that you can stay connected whether
> traveling across town, the U.S., or the world.
>
> The application and howto can be found here
>
> http://www.sierrawireless.com/faq/ShowFAQ.aspx?ID=607
>
> What do I have to Install for Archlinux, to get my card run?
>
> Is there any application supported by Archlinux for easy Install via
> "pacman -S x..." ?
>
> Is it possible that a Archlinux developer can maintaining this
> application?
>
> I can't find any Infos at archlinux.org , no Wiki, no Hardware Info.

forgot to tell

The drivers provided in the Download section below are freeware; you can
redistribute them and/or modify them under the terms of the GNU General
Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.

Kernel 2.6.27
http://www.sierrawireless.com/resources/support/Software/Linux/v1.3.1b_Kernel2.6.27.zip

http://www.sierrawireless.com/resources/support/Software/Linux/ppp-scripts.tar.gz