[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] pkgstats: first results

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Mon Nov 10 09:20:22 EST 2008

Um,,, ehem;

I would like to remind everyone that the TU system was NOT originated solely
to be based on votes, in fact there was no voting until much more recently.

Also, when the voting was added to the TU system the community and TUs were
SPECIFICALLY told that the voting system would NEVER be used to make
decisions about or demands concerning what any individual TU decided to add.
There WERE concerns that just this type of "accounting" would be used to
determine how or what a TU may do. ONLY the TUs themselves make these
decisions. It has ALWAYS been that way.

BTW.... I am not sure why this happens every few months or so, but it is a
repeating thought that somehow the voting system is a milestone setter and
thereby an issue for the TUs. If there is something in the wiki or other
documentation that would suggest or even say as much IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.

Guys, if this is not clear to you, a search of the older mails should yield
a wealth of information about this from previous outbursts concerning the
suggested requirments for TUs from the voting system results.

Best regards;

Bob Finch