[arch-general] Problems with compiling packages

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 20:17:07 EST 2008

I have installed Arch Linux on an old machine that has an AMD 800 slot A
processor.

I am trying to rebuild all of the core packages using makeworld.
The CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are set for an athlon.
I have also found that some of the core packages fail to build even with the
default make flags. Maybe it is a gcc 4.3.2 issue.

What is the best way to report the errors or get help resolving the failures.

I have also found that some of the source tarballs are not available at the
URL given in the PKGBUILD file.  I have found them in other mirrors ie gentoo
or debian etc.  Should I report these as out of date ?