[arch-general] /arch/setup -> grub '#-*' marker in menu.lst

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Nov 12 09:08:20 EST 2008

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
>
>> Also, where does the '#-*' tag come from? I can't find any reference to this
>> (no other occurrences in install script).
>>
> http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/grub/trunk/menu.lst?view=markup

Ah.. that explains.  Is there any reason for using "root=/dev/sda3 ro"
is the (0) entry? I mean, isn't this just a "maybe we're lucky and it
will work,  otherwise it will fail"-entry? Shouldn't we clarify this a
bit more?
Eg by setting the title to "Arch Linux [/boot/vmlinuz26] (Default
entry.  Might work, might not)" or something?
(If this entry is even present in a users menu.lst it means something
went badly wrong during the arch install process)

PS: Let me know if you want a bug ticket for this and/or the sed
$grubmenu thing.