[arch-general] New udev rules

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Sat Nov 15 16:22:25 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I'm new to posting here, but figured that it might be the place to ask about  this kind of thing :-)

I just bought a new printer/scanner - a Brother DCP-305C - and noticed that it's not included in the udev rules for sane (/etc/udev/rules.d/53-sane.rules), though quite a lot of similar models are. Basically the scanner wouldn't work until I added:

# Brother DCP-350C
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04f9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="01d0", MODE="0664", GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

So... how does one go about getting this included in the default ruleset? Is it an Arch thing or done upstream?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.