[arch-general] Archive xorg-server 1.4 on Arch Server

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Nov 16 15:13:34 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 12:00 -0800, Amanai wrote:

> dev status? How many stoppers are there? Any idea when it will move?

My stopper list:
- time
- xf86-input-synaptics should have better documentation about
hotplugging configuration before it's thrown at our users
- nvidia-7xxx

All other stoppers have been solved. The first item should be fixable
next weekend, as it looks now I have enough time then.
xf86-input-synaptics could need some help, but it seems Pierre put
something about this in a bugreport.
Nvidia-7xxx is not a real stopper here. Cards this driver are ancient
and can't keep up with todays standards, so the nv or vesa driver isn't
such a big regression for these. If Nvidia provides us with a new (beta)
driver with X.Org 7.4 support we're happy to package it.