[arch-general] xorg-server 1.5 upgrade screen problem.

Javier Vasquez jevv.cr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:12:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

By reading "http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging",
the upgrade on xorg-server to 1.5 was not hard for the input devices.
I'm using the Hal approach.

However I have trouble with the screen.  I'm using the mach64 driver
with 1280x1024 mode and 24 bits depth, and whenever I try to switch to
console (with atyfb @ 1024x768) all I get is a balck screen and the
monitor complaining with out of sync...  Also when terminating my X
session, exiting fluxbox (I use startx to get into X), I get the same
thing, so I never can get back to console.

Any one experiencing the same thing?  Any suggestions?  I don't
remember reading about it in the Xorg_input_hotplugging page, :)

Thanks,

--
Javier