[arch-general] initscripts-splash and fbsplash

Gregory T Helton gt at fallendusk.org
Wed Oct 1 10:21:15 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've reworked the initscripts-splash patch by hand into the latest
version of initscripts. I've also updated the fbsplash package to the
latest version of splashutils.

So far, I've been using it for about a week now with my laptop, and
have encounted no problems at all. Splash even works on hibernate with
uswsusp-splash from the AUR. (Haven't tried tuxonice because I don't
use it)

Here's links to the updated PKGBUILD tarballs.

http://www.fallendusk.org/arch/initscripts-splash.tar.gz
http://www.fallendusk.org/arch/fbsplash.tar.gz

I'm using my own custom kernel with the fbcondecor patch (makes splash
load as soon as kernel does) but from what I understand fbsplash should
work without, just not until after init loads.

I would be more than glad to maintain either of these packages if the
current maintainers would like to hand them off. :)

--Greg