[arch-general] arch-general Digest, Vol 48, Issue 10

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Oct 11 10:50:40 EDT 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 15:36, Wiegand Sergej wrote:
> Hey, I am new on the mailing-lists, but i try to behave!
>
> Well since i've upgraded to the next kernel, i am having some issues
> with modules, and since i wanted to try out the mailinglists, this seems
> to be the perfect opportunity for that.
> Since i've upgraded to 2.6.27 (testing repository)
> my pcspkr module is being loaded again, and i cant remove it (rmmod
> pcspkr) is the module-name differrent now?
> Please reply!
> thank you

Hi Wiegand, and welcome to the list. I don't have the 2.6.27 kernel, but
something that does work (usually), is to add the following line
to /etc/modprobe.conf.

install pcspkr /bin/true

Reboot, and the pcspkr module will be installed to /bin/true, which is like
sending it to nowhere land.

This list is low volume, and it may be better not to use the digest mode to
receive postings from the list. Digest mode often creates problems, as many
folks who use it just click on reply, which results in the whole of the
digest being sent back to the list, and the subject line doesn't say anything
about the subject they are replying to, or in your case, where this is a new
thread, what exactly you are wanting to find out. A few well thought out
words in a subject line, usually gets someones attention.

It's better when asking a new question to just click on the "To" line on the
latest digest you've received, (which in my case will open Kmails composer)
fill in the subject line for your question, and compose your question.

I hope that installing pcspkr to /bin/true resolves your problem, but if not,
post back, preferably by starting a new thread, as above, and not using the
"Digest " subject line.

All the best.

Nigel.