[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] archweb port essentially complete, please test

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Thu Oct 23 04:39:16 EDT 2008

Le Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:06:00 -0400,
"Dusty Phillips" <buchuki at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hey all,
>
> I've finished my first iteration of porting the archweb_pub and
> archweb_dev sites to django-1.0, along with a substantial rewrite of
> several portions of the code, as I mentioned in a previous status
> update. I'm confident the porting part has gone smoothly, but I have
> concerns that I overlooked testing all aspects (as there are no unit
> tests on this project as yet) of the code I rewrote.
>
> As such I'm soliciting developer and community to test both sites. The
> more people that break it, the better I'll feel about putting it into
> production. ;-) I've copied the current archweb database into a
> playground for testing. The two sites can be accessed here:
>
> Public Arch Linux site:
>     http://pub.playground.archlinux.ca/
>
> Developer Arch Linux site:
>     http://dev.playground.archlinux.ca/
>
> [...]
>
> Dusty

Since you asked help from the community I forked the thread to arch-general...

I've tested the public part of the website and found no breakage, good job!

I just wanted to point the fact that archlinuxfr.org, where I was an admin, won't be updated anymore (source : http://forums.archlinuxfr.org/viewtopic.php?id=1818) so it can be removed from this page : http://pub.playground.archlinux.ca/moreforums/.  It means there's only one french community website now (archlinux.fr). That should make it easier for new french Archers to find their way.

--
catwell