[arch-general] After installation of dbus-1.2.3-3: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Paul Ezvan paul at ezvan.fr
Thu Oct 23 05:52:24 EDT 2008

Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> a écrit :

> Am Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:13:09 +0200
> schrieb "Michael Schmarck" <michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de>:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> 2008/10/21 Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>
>>
>> > Let me guess, dbus-core was not pulled in because you installed
>> > things with the -d flag?
>>
>> No. I ran "pacman -Syu". That's all I did :)
>>
>> > It's impossible that pacman allows upgrading to dbus 1.2.3-3 without
>> > installing dbus-core.
>>
>> Guess it's not so impossible, after all :)
>>
>> Michael
>>

> yes, it happened to me in my i686 testing chroot as well with a
> simple -Syu :S
>
> -Andy

I also did a simple "pacman -Syu", dbus-core was installed during the
upgrade. "pacman -Ql dbus-core" showed somes files but they were not
on the file-system. I had to reinstall dbus-core to fix the problem
and have dbus working again. This bug did not appear when I did the
same upgrade on my laptop, nor on my server.

Paul

Paul Ezvan