[arch-general] System upgrade problems

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:48:32 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Louis Brazeau <lbrazeau at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you run with --debug and show us the output?
>>

> Aaron Griffin is trying to help me with my problem! I feel blessed :)
>
> The output of --debug is quite long so I thought I'd better put it on
> pastebin. Here's the link :
>
>   http://pastebin.com/m3c97b0aa

Hmm, here is the relevant code from lib/libalpm/sync.c. You can see
this error gets thrown if filename is null, which means
alpm_pkg_get_filename() returned null on that particular package. Do
you have any custom repos enabled that could potentially have invalid
filename fields?

/** Compute the size of the files that will be downloaded to install a
 * package.
 * @param newpkg the new package to upgrade to
 */
static int compute_download_size(pmpkg_t *newpkg)
{
  const char *fname;
  char *fpath;
  off_t size = 0;

  fname = alpm_pkg_get_filename(newpkg);
  ASSERT(fname != NULL, RET_ERR(PM_ERR_PKG_INVALID_NAME, -1));