[arch-general] Sunplus (Philips) webcam problem

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 26 06:40:45 EDT 2008

Sergey Manucharian schrieb:
> After the recent system update my webcam:
> 04fc:0561 Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd Flexcam 100
> stopped working properly.
>
> The driver "gspca_spca561" is loaded automatically, but
> works incorrectly, when trying to use "gspca_sunplus" the camera is
> not recognized.
>
> Unfortunately I did not pay attention to the driver used before I've
> updated to 2.6.27...

What do you mean be "works incorrectly"? The new gspca drivers only
support v4l2 and don't do conversion in the driver. You need libv4l to
do that (either built into your application or as LD_PRELOAD wrapper). I
  was going to upload that package to extra just now, but the server
with the source tarball is unavailable right now.