[arch-general] Problem with loading modules in 2.6.27

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Oct 29 21:50:04 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have noticed a strange pause after either loading modules or loading
standard ACPI modules. It started happening after I upgraded to 2.6.27. When I
hit enter, the boot continues normally. It does not happen everytime but 1 in
3 boots, it "hangs".

My rc.conf is configured to load following modules

forcedeth ath_hal ath_pci wlan snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm-oss snd-hwdep snd-page-
alloc snd-pcm snd-timer snd snd-hda-intel soundcore processor thermal
cpufreq_ondemand cpufreq_powersave powernow-k8 k8temp

Standard ACPI modules are "ac battery button fan processor thermal", according
to /etc/rc.sysinit. These two arrays have duplicates but modprobe should
handle that right?

Any help in debugging this problem is appreciated.
--
 Shridhar