[arch-general] Fifa: Flexible Installer Framework for Arch linux

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Oct 31 04:20:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:36 -0500, Aaron "Hussein" Griffin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Aaron Hussein Griffin
> <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> >> Right now I'm still working on better understanding the archboot
> >> scripts, refactoring that code to make it reusable and building an
> >> automated, prescripted installer for
> >> myself.  ( Once the basics are working, it should actually be very
> >> simple to port the current archboot scripts to this system. )
> >
> > Just to let you know, the archboot scripts are no longer the preferred
> > way of doing this. Additionally, installation should (hopefully) be
> > unrelated to how the medium was booted. Archboot really just controls
> > how an ISO boots.  Please see the archiso and installer projects in
> > git.
>

> Forgot this part: Other than that, this looks awesome! Great work

Thanks,
Ok, pretty silly.. I was looking at all the projects yesterday, I must
have overlooked the 'installer' repo, because after some searching I
eventually found the scripts in a subdirectory of the archboot project,
so I called them that way
( http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=archboot.git;a=tree;f=installer )

Yesterday I've been working on splitting up the quickinst and setup
scripts in functions, which are now in files sourced as 'libraries' by
the fifa main program.  Now I just need to put the pieces together, and
probably hack some more to get it working.

PS: Does anyone know what license the installer scripts are under?
(http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=installer.git;a=tree )
Fifa is gplv3, is it okay if I put a note that says I took the sources
from above repository and modified/refactored them a bit, giving credit
to the original author ( Tobias Powalowski ) ?