[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Xorg-server 1.5RC6 enters testing

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:01:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> After upgrading, X failed to start with a message about libpciaccess.
>>  Installing that fixed the problem...  Is this a missing dep somewhere?
>>

> The dep is not missing, so this might be a pacman bug..
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11367
>
> To anyone who did not upgrade yet to the latest xorg-server (currently
> in testing) :
> Please check that when you upgrade, libpciaccess is indeed in the target list.
> If anyone sees that it is missing, canceling the operation and running
> it again with --debug would be very helpful.

And just for clarification, this looks like a very special bug which
appears only under some special circumstances. That is why it is very
difficult to reproduce. And that is why I had to ask everyone if they
can check whether it is reproducible on their system.

In other words, it will go fine for most people. We are only
interested by the few cases where it does not go fine :)