[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Risky business: udev upgrade

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:08:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 07:35:40PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Secondly, I want to remove the readme file from the udev package. Does
> anyone have a problem with this? At the very least I moved the install
> to /usr/share/udev/ but I don't think we need to ship a readme file
> for any of this - udev does have some comprehensive man pages. The
> rest should go in the wiki.
>
> Please take a look at trunk if you get a chance. I want to push this
> to testing tonight or tomorrow.

I think documentation of distro specific changes should be tied
directly to the package. It could also be mirrored in the wiki, or
elsewhere. I usually look for local documentation first and then
search the web if I don't find anything. I don't think splitting the
package's contents across domains is good or necessary for a 260 line
document.

Such documentation should indeed go into /usr/share rather than /etc.