[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] rebuild status of mysql and libcap?

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Apr 7 11:18:57 EDT 2009

Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Pierre Schmitz schrieb:
>> Am Montag 06 April 2009 20:02:59 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
>>> Hi
>>> are those rebuilds ready to move?
>>> Testing is quite full of packages at the moment.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> greetings
>>> tpowa
>
> I think the virtualbox binaries use the old libcap. As it is not in
> our repos, it is not a real problem, but we might consider adding the
> libcap.so.1 to the package as well.

At least Virtualbox-2.1.4 (binary version) don't use libcap directly, it
uses setcap() from glibc. Like syslog-ng, that when compiled it looks if
the sys/capabilities.h is present.
There are a _old_ bug in old VirtualBox version that depends on libcap1.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar