[arch-general] Problem with Realtek Ethernet and 2.6.29 Kernel

Lukas Grässlin lukasgraesslin at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:22:49 EDT 2009

Hi there,

after the update to 2.6.29 the Network Controller of my secondary
computer won't work.

The problem is that I just have no connection, I can't ping anything.
The network interface is listed normaly and has an IP, but it won't
work.

It's an "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL81111/8168B PCI Express
Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 01)"

I reinstalled 2.6.28 and it works.

More information: on my Main pc I have the same Network controler _BUT_
rev 02 and it works with 2.6.29.

Regards,
Lukas

(sorry if the mail reveices twice but I think my mailer did something wrong ;) )