[arch-general] network WTF

Jaime Oyarzun Knittel joyarzun at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Wed Apr 15 18:50:59 EDT 2009

David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Jaime Oyarzun Knittel wrote:
[...]
>> Can you
>> associate manually to an access point?
>
> Not sure what you mean by "manually".  I usually use either
> networkmanager/knetworkmanager or netcfg for networking, both of which
> require root privs.

I mean using iwconfig directly from a terminal (with networkmanager down).

Are you able to bring the interface up? (does "ifconfig wlanX up" throw
any error?)

You should give more details of your hardware specs (Is it a firmware
issue?), and try using an external wireless device (USB or PCMCIA).

--
mitoyarzun
http://www.archlinux.cl/