[arch-general] Arch Linux Turkish Community @ 8th Free Software and Linux Festival

Alper KANAT tunix at raptiye.org
Fri Apr 17 18:04:01 EDT 2009

Yes I did.. But it turns out that the wiki is a bit old and needs to be
updated. I'm planning to update it while writing a Turkish one too..

The worst part is that new ISO images after (and including) 2008.06
doesn't even work. They always stalled due to the hooks for mounting
filesystems.

So instead, I used archboot which uses just ramfs for booting and
installing the whole system. Plus you need to mount or get the core
packages from somewhere. Tobias (tpowa) advices to use NFS but I got my
own solution (which I plan to get further)

I created a local mirror but you can do the same with just the core
packages. Then I served them via vsftpd on the local machine. With this
setup, I was able to install machines using PXE..

I had some more problems so I need to do more testing.. :) This mail has
became a how-to btw :P

Alper KANAT <alperkanat at raptiye.org>