[arch-general] Are there sets for installing apache?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:02:21 EDT 2009

David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> David C. Rankin wrote:
>> Listmates,
>>
>>     I installed apache2 with pacman -S apache, but all I got was
>> apache2 itself.
>> Is there a set of packages that will install all of the modules as well?
>
> Many of them come installed with apache.  (See "pacman -Ql apache | grep
> modules/mod_".)
>
> Some others are available as separate packages.  (See
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?arch=&repo=&q=mod_&last_update=&limit=50)
>

> And some other, lesser-used ones are available from the AUR.  (You
> should learn about the AUR if you're planning to become a regular Arch
> user.  See http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR)
>
> HTH,
>
> DR

Thanks DR, again, that's just what I needed.

	I'll take a look at AUR and abs. I plan to replace a current opensuse 11.0
server with arch 2009.02. It will be a fun experience. I do most everything
from the command line anyway, so the move to arch isn't bad at all. Just like
any new distro, you just have to learn where all the pieces to the puzzle are
hidden. After that, you are off and running ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC