[arch-general] General Linux Server Information Available

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Apr 22 04:51:51 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	Just a general point of interest. Over the past 4-5 months, as time permits, I
have made an effort to put up a site to capture some of the Linux notes, tips,
etc.. that I have squirreled away over the years and make that information
available to anyone that it might help. The site is 3111skyline.com and the
top-level menu entries of interest are "openSuSE Howtos" and "Linux Tips &
Tricks". Regardless of the main tab title "openSuSE Howtos", there is a bunch
of stuff that applies to Linux in general, like the "openSuSE Server Setup"
page, etc.., they are general enough to apply to any distro.

	Like tonight, I was using that page to setup and secure mysql, etc.. on Arch.
The link to the "raw" information that has not been formatted into web pages is
the "Linux Download Dirs..." link under the "Linux Tips & Tricks" menu. That is
just a link to the directories for the website that has +Indexes enabled so you
can just pick around and browse. There is a fairly cool collection of
wallpapers, etc. in the directories that are not listed in the menus.

	Additionally, the complete 3-Column layout for the website itself has been
packaged and made available for anyone who has thought about setting up a site
themselves and wants a "go-by" to use to see how things work or to tear apart
and take the useful/interesting parts from.

	All of the information is available under GPL3 (except for family photos, etc.
that should be secured), so if any of the information would be useful to add to
the Arch wiki, feel free to grab it and just copy and paste it to the wiki. I
will try to add useful information to the Arch wiki, as time permits.

	Right now the site is hosted/mirrored on two openSuSE boxes sitting in my
house. (I just change the external routing between the two depending on which
one I am working on at the time) I am working to get my Arch install up and
running on one of the boxes, so as soon as I pick through the apache configs
and get apache and ssl configured on the Arch box, the site will be hosted there.

	That's it. No questions in this post. Just hopefully some help for anyone that
can use some of the information I have squirreled away;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC