[arch-general] How is process loading configured at boot? rc.sysinit & rc.local?

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:57:39 EDT 2009

The DAEMONS is actually surprisingly powerful. Some tips:

- /etc/rc.d is where the scripts for DAEMONS are. Any file there can
be used in the DAEMONS array. These files aren't in the typical linux
init style, but easy.
- You can hack some stuff to get multiple DAEMONS arrays if you want "runlevels"
- As per comments in the rc.conf, @ in front of a daemon will start it
in the background at  boot (so you can start stuff in parallel) # I
missed this note :/

Sorry if you knew all this already, cheers.

-AT