[arch-general] udev rules policy

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:16:53 EDT 2009

What is the policy for Udev rules in ArchLinux?

There are 2 places where udev rules can be placed, /lib/udev/rules.d/
and /etc/udev/rules.d/.
Now, I think the /lib/ directory should be only for the rules coming
from upstream udev, and the /etc/ directory is for rules coming from
ArchLinux packages.

If this is the policy everyone agrees on - and as far as I remember,
udev devs recommends it too - maybe namcap can check that too?

ps.
the KVM package now has rules in /lib/ , so I'll open a bug report if
that's not supposed to be like that.

--
damjan