[arch-general] ksplash SIGSEGV on KDE start, howo fix?

Bram Schoenmakers lists at bramschoenmakers.nl
Thu Apr 23 11:47:08 EDT 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 17:37:19 David C. Rankin wrote:

Hello David,

> Listmates,
>
> 	Success, first email from the new arch box on kde3 with opera! The issue
> I have is that every time kde starts, ksplash crashes with a SIGSEGV (11)
> message. Is this an easy fix? Thanks!

I think the backtrace of that crash ends in a library provided by the libxi
package. And these crashes started since I upgraded libxi from 1.1.4 to 1.2.1.
Only yesterday I downgraded the package to the previous version and I have yet
to hear if that solved the problem.

See this article [1] for more info on downgrading packages.

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade_packages

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)