[arch-general] User Environment Setup in Arch Linux?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:05:54 EDT 2009

Jordy van Wolferen wrote:
> On Thursday 23 April 2009 18:21:44 Lucas Saliés Brum wrote:
>> Default is import variables, not same file under symlink, with default
>> you can add your user variables, and with symlink you dont.
>>
>>> That is by default:
>>>
>>> cat /etc/skel/.bash_profile
>>> . $HOME/.bashrc
>>>
>>> But for some reason it doesn't work, I never had problem with a sym link.
>
> How come PS1 doesn't work than?

	That was my first indication something wasn't being sourced - my prompt wasn't
there. Then of course you find l, ll, md, .. and the rest of the aliases gone
until you do a quick . ~/.bashrc. Then all was good so I knew bashrc was
getting sourced on remote login via ssh.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC