[arch-general] Crud! Rebooted Can't Login - No Mouse or Keyboard with kdm??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:29:30 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I broke it! Was up and running in kde3 just fine, so I thought I would make
sure all was good and rebooted. The box booted beautifully and the Archlinux
kdm screen nicely appeared and I thought I was ready to rock and roll, but when
I grabbed the mouse - it didn't move?? Then I tried typing my pw, and no
characters (or dots) appeared? The I tried ctrl+alt+backspace to kill X -- no
joy. Then ctrl+alt+F1, still no joy.

	OK, ssh into box and kill kdm, back to normal login. Now I'm scratching my
head on what to check to get my mouse and keyboard back? Any ideas?

>From Xorg.0.log, this is obviously the problem:

(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or 'vmmouse'
will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(WW) Disabling Mouse0

	Huh? They must have been there a minute ago what gives?

	I wonder how they got started last time?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC